ITEM ToolKit Version 9 - Now ISO 26262 Compliant
ITEM Software is pleased to announce the release of its latest version of ITEM ToolKit. Together with an improved interface and many other enhancements, version 9 now includes a FMECA module which fully conforms to the ISO 26262 and IEC 61508 standards. This enables a full top-down modelling from Hazard Analysis to FMECA in compliance with these standards.
Click here to read more
Honeywell To Upgrade China Eastern Airlines Growing Fleet
Honeywell will provide wheels and brakes for new and existing Boeing 737 NG aircraft, as well as an avionics package and 131-9 auxiliary power units (APUs) for 50 new Airbus A320 aircraft scheduled to be delivered over the next three years.
As part of the contracts, Honeywell will provide China Eastern with customized aftermarket maintenance solutions for new and existing Boeing 737 NG and Airbus narrow-body aircraft. These tailored solutions will provide engineering expertise, maintenance and support resources that will help China Eastern simplify operations, while delivering greater operational flexibility and scalability.
Click here to read more
29th European Safety and Reliability Conference
September 22 - 26, 2019, Hannover, Germany
The annual European Safety and Reliability Conference (ESREL) is an international conference under the auspices of the European Safety and Reliability Association (ESRA).
The 29th edition of the conference will be held on 22 - 26 September 2019 at the iconic Welfenschloss, the heart of the Leibniz Universität Hannover.
The objective of ESREL 2019 is to provide an all-round inspiring environment and a multi-disciplinary forum for the exchange of knowledge and expertise on theories and methods in the field of risk, safety and reliability, and on their application to a wide range of industrial, civil and social sectors and problem areas.
The interplay among technological, societal and financial aspects is attentively considered in addressing the demands and challenges that evolve from today’s rapidly changing world and its digitalization. While the occurring changes enable innovative developments, such as smart cities and systems or autonomous transportation, they also introduce newly arising, yet potentially unknown, hazards and risks, e.g. related to and challenging cybersecurity, data security, big data, complexity and interdependencies of systems, cascading failures across systems and sectors, resilience of infrastructures, and more. Clearly, there is a strong need for evolution and advancement of the field of reliability, risk and safety to cope with these challenges for arriving at taking the right decisions in the design and operation of technological and industrial systems.
Click here for more events
Latest News :
Ultra Wins US Navy Order
- Ultra Electronics announces that its USSI business, based in Columbia City, Indiana, US, has received US Navy contracts for sonobuoys worth just over $20m.
- Ultra, which has sonobuoy businesses in the UK, the USA and Canada, develops and manufactures high technology sonobuoys, the acoustic sensors which are used to detect the presence of submarines. The awards are for the latest generation passive and active sonobuoys. Passive sonobuoys are optimised to detect the machinery noise which emanates from submarines moving through the ocean. Active sonobuoys transmit acoustic energy pulses and sense the echo returns from potential targets.
Meggitt Wins Global 7000/8000 Fire Protection
- Meggitt, a leading international company specialising in high performance components and sub-systems for aerospace, defence and energy, announce that Bombardier has selected Meggitt’s integrated fire protection system for the Global 7000* and Global 8000* business jets.
- The award encompasses the entire ATA Chapter 26 fire protection system, which includes fire and smoke detection, overheat protection, fire suppression and system control.
Sagem Wins Maintenance Contract for Drones
- Sagem (Safran group) has just signed a contract with SIMMAD (1), on behalf of the French Ministry of Defense, to provide in-service maintenance for the Sperwer SDTI tactical drone systems deployed by the French army.
- The contract covers all maintenance, repair and technical support services for systems in service with the army until 2014. It also includes an order with Robonic Oy, the Finnish subsidiary of Sagem, for two Kontio towed pneumatic catapult systems.